I finally made it back to the Kitchen; it has been a long three months (Intern, Work, and Laziness set in). Cooking and baking have been put on hold and I hope I can do my own late version of the 12-Days of Christmas. First up, Nutella Cupcakes on day one. I found these recipes on several different websites, one was Martha Stewart (Man that woman does everything!) and another one was from, the Cupcake Blog which post pictures and recipes from other bloggers kitchen creations. They have several versions, so I choose the one that was more like marble cake like. I am surprised that more people don’t like or have not tried Nutella. Yesterday, I found out my friend won’t eat Nutella cause he saw a kinky type Video with the other people using Nutella. The lady at my job never had it, and was always curious about Nutella. To me it is one of the most decadent yet simple spread one can ask for. I Love Nutella, I remember when my Aunt introduce it to me. I was on my Peanut Butter kick ( age 6-7), but my family was not big on every time I ate peanut butter I would have a rash, or swollen lips. So my aunt suggested I try Nutella, it was velvety smooth, nutty and chocolate but not overbearing. I was in love. No itchy, rash or swelling. So I made modifications to the Recipe I found, and used the wrong type of liquor in the recipe. The recipe I found on the cupcake Blog use Egg whites in the icing. Call me a Novice (NOVICE!!!!), I am never comfortable with Egg Whites so I created my own Nutella Icing to go with the Cupcakes. I hope you enjoy and HAPPY Baking!
P.s. I know they have powdered Egg Whites but Meh.
For the Cupcakes:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp kosher or sea salt
3 large eggs, at room temperature
2 cups) granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
½ Bottle of Bailey’s Cream hazelnut flavored liqueur or Hazelnut Liquor
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract (optional)
1 tsp. Butter Extract (optional)
Nutella, for filling
1 ¼ cup of Butter
3 cups Confection Sugar
2-3 TBSP. Nutella
1/8th tsp. of salt.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners and set aside.
- 2. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl ( a large mixing cup) and set aside.
- 3. In another mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar on medium speed until thick and pale, about two minutes. Turn off mixer and add oil, Hazelnut Liquor, and milk.( I also add in the Vanilla, and Butter Extracts and a pinch of cinnamon about 1/8 tsp.) Beat on medium speed for about one minute. Add flour mixture and beat on medium-low speed until fully incorporated, about two minutes.
- 4. Divide batter evenly among prepared pans, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Add a tsp. of Nutella to the center and swirl with a fork.
- 5. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for five minutes, and then remove to racks to cool completely.
- 1. Add Butter mix until light and airy.
- 2. Add in the Nutella and 1 cup of Confection Sugar continue to mix. Alternate until the rest of the Nutella and Sugar is added. If the Icing is too sweet just add a dash of Salt 1/8th tsp. usually does the trick.
- 3. Frost the cupcakes once completely cooled and enjoy.
The fate of these Cupcakes, I donated them to my Job Bake Sale for Charity. I also gave some to my Aunt since she loves NUTELLA. Next up…. I don’t know hopefully my Spice Pear cake, Fake Fruit Cake or Lemon Ricotta Wontons. You have to tune into the next post
Also I forget my References but Martha Stewart Website is one and another blog from the cupcake blog. Furthermore, was unable to do the 12 days of baking. Life came at me fast and hard. Guest post coming soon.