Sorry for the delay. My laptop is acting up and I couldn’t connect to the Internet, for about 3 weeks. Below is the recipe for the Tequila chicken wings. Its nothing great but I hope it comes out just as good as I made them. I would like to state that this is my second attempt at making these wings. The First time I burned them horribly, I feel asleep while cooking. The second time I did not add enough Tequila and forgot the limes. This time I cheated and used the Mojito Lime Marinade from McCormick ( got it from Giant on sale). I did add more Chili powder and I also glazed the wings with Honey. I think they came out perfect! People who ate them at the Cinco de Mayo party I went to last week enjoyed them! I hope you enjoy them also.
Tequila Lime Chicken Wings
- 1 bottle of Jose Cuevo tequila ( gold)
- 2 packets Grill Mates Mojito Lime Marinade
- 2 lbs of chicken wings or wingettes
- 1/2 Tsp of Cumin (optional)
- 1/2 Tbsp of Chili Pepper
- 2 Limes
1. Clean wings add tequila, 1 packet of the Mojito Lime Marinade, Slices of lime. Add the oil that is suggested on the packet. Coat the wings and Marinate overnight.
2. Place the wing in a baking dish with all the juices from the marinade. Take the second pack of marinade that that is mixed with chili pepper and cumin and sprinkle over the wings.
3. Drizzle some honey over the wings and bake for 30 -45 min covered.
4. Remove the wings and turn them over drizzle more honey over the wings. Than bake for another 30-45 min. this time with out a cover.
I hope it comes out just as good.