So today in the DMV had an imaginary snow day! Yes it was supposed to snow 4-8 inches and Baltimore only got rain. SO I went into the kitchen and cracked open my 1,001 cupcakes & other tempting treats cookbook that I got for Christmas ( Thanks Beth!). I tried the chicken and corn muffins. I decided, that it was missing something Cheddar Cheese!!!!! So I added ¼ cup of cheddar Jack Cheese and add some cheese to the top to melt over the top. Initial reaction was that it was ok, it needed something extra. It was fulfilling and delicious, and would make a great lunch meal like one muffin will fill you up. I hope you enjoy it and make them one day maybe on your imaginary snow day or just on a rainy day. I did make modifications so I will provide the books original recipe than my changes.
- 7 TBSP sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 generous cup buttermilk
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- Ground paprika, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400*C. Grease a muffin pan.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl sift the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the eggs in another bowl, beat eggs. Than beat in buttermilk and oil.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix .
- Then add chicken and onions mix. Then add corn.
- Stir until combined but do not over mix.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pans.
- Bake for 20 mins. Then Garnish with paprika.
Triple C Muffins (My additions)
o 7 TBSP Canola Oil, plus extra for greasing
o ½ onion finely chopped
o 1 package of pre-cooked chicken
o 2 cups all purpose flour
o 1 tbsp baking powder
o 1/8th tsp salt
o 1/8th black pepper
o 2 eggs
o 1 generous cup milk
o ¾ cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4th Cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
o Ground paprika, for garnishing
Follow the instructions above, except add in Cheese after the corn. Garnish the spooned muffin mix with cheddar and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.